22 Aug 2019 Burton-Taylor Releases Annual Financial Market Data/Analysis Industry Vendor Rankings
Latest league tables provide the industry with benchmark rankings of global market data vendors by user types, products and company segments
The global financial market data/analysis industry generated over USD30 billion in revenue last year, although not all providers experienced equal success, according to three new reference reports published today by Burton-Taylor International Consulting (part of TP ICAP group).
Burton-Taylor’s new proprietary league tables provide definitive order to the top data providers, enabling market participants to easily rank the leading firms serving the financial market data/analysis industry.
These three new reports cover:
- Users – Bloomberg ranked 1st in global revenue in all user groups except Investment Bankers/Corporate Financiers and Research Analysts (where Refinitiv + RTRS News led)
- Products – Bloomberg was the leader in global revenue from all product groups except Research, where Refinitiv + RTRS News held the top spot
- Segments – Bloomberg retained the top position in five out of the eight market segments, with Refinitiv + RTRS News holding the top spots in Investment Banking and FX/Treasury Sales & Trading and Platts remaining the leader in the Commodities & Energy segment
- Although Bloomberg held the revenue lead in the greatest number of categories, Moody’s Analytics and TP ICAP led the most categories in five-year growth rate (including acquisitive revenue)
- Companies ranked – Bloomberg, Dow Jones/Factiva, FactSet, FIS MarketMap, Intercontinental Exchange (Pricing & Analytics + Desktop), IRESS, IHS Markit, Moody’s Analytics, Morningstar, Quick, S&P Global Market Intelligence, SIX Financial, Refinitiv + RTRS News, as well as a selection of key smaller or regional players
“Several companies made important and possibly surprising moves within the rankings in 2018,” says Douglas B. Taylor, founder & Managing director of Burton-Taylor. “This year’s rankings are certain to raise the eyebrows of many following the Financial Market Data industry.”
The three Burton-Taylor Financial Market Data/Analysis – League Table Reference 2019 reports: Global and Regional Leaders by User Type, Global and Regional Leaders by Product Type, and Global and Regional Leaders by Segment, can be purchased by visiting https://burton-taylor.com/financialreporthome/ or by contacting email@example.com, +1 646 201-4152.
Douglas B Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 646 201-4152
About Burton-Taylor International Consulting
Burton-Taylor International Consulting, part of TP ICAP group, is a recognized leader in information industry market research, strategy and business consulting. Burton-Taylor Exchange, Credit, Risk, Compliance, Media Intelligence, PR and Market Data share figures are regarded as industry standard globally. Burton-Taylor clients command an estimated 80% share of global revenue in the Market Data space and include the world’s largest information companies and exchange groups, key government organizations and regulatory bodies on multiple continents, the largest advisory firms serving the industry and more than 30 of the most active private equity and investment companies around the world.
About TP ICAP
TP ICAP brings together buyers and sellers in global financial, energy and commodities markets. It is the world’s largest wholesale market intermediary, with a portfolio of businesses that provide broking services, data & analytics and market intelligence, trusted by clients around the world. We operate from offices in 31 countries, supporting award-winning brokers with market-leading technology. For further information see www.tpicap.com.