- Refinitiv (formerly Thomson Reuters) leads in total industry revenue, followed by Dow Jones and LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Double digit growth was recorded across all global regions with EMEA seeing the sharpest growth
- Revenue from the Americas accounts for the greatest regional share
Global spend on Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/ Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and related financial crime and compliance activities is projected to increase 18.3% in 2018 to a record $749 million, according to a Burton-Taylor International Consulting (part of TP ICAP’s Data & Analytics division) report published today.
Other key findings include:
- The Americas region will have accounted for the largest share of global revenues (47.0%), totaling an estimated $351.1 million in 2018, with revenues in EMEA (up 19.8%) and Asia accounting for $301.1 million and $96.1 million, respectively.
- Refinitiv will have been the largest global provider of AML/KYC data and information in 2018 with total estimated revenues of $247.6m. Dow Jones will be the second largest provider of AML/KYC services, overtaking LexisNexis Risk Solutions which will place third.
- Dow Jones will have reported the fastest growth in 2018, with revenues estimated to increase 34.3% in 2018. Bureau van Dijk will be second in terms of revenue growth, followed by LexisNexis Risk Solutions and RDC.
“Spending on AML/KYC compliance solutions is surging as regulatory pressure is forcing the financial industry to implement fully transparent, verifiable and auditable compliance records as part of their compliance obligations,” says Chris Porter, Associate at Burton-Taylor. “Clients are demanding automated solutions to support their regulatory obligations, with vendors differentiating their offerings by providing customized solutions that efficiently integrate into existing work flows.”
Burton-Taylor today announced the publication of two important reports covering the AML/KYC industry. The Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know-Your-Customer (KYC) Global Share 2018 benchmark report analyzes sixteen leading companies in the industry and focuses on overall market sizing and industry trends. The Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know-Your-Customer (KYC) Market Analysis report analyzes key AML/KYC Data & Information Providers with a focus on the data coverage, screening and due diligence capabilities of each. The report provides company profiles that examine recent developments, market positioning and key information on datafeeds, risk screening tools and due diligence capabilities.
Free extracts from the reports can be accessed by visiting the Research page with the sample code AMLKYC2018, or you can purchase the reports by visiting https://burton-taylor.com/aml-kycreporthome/ or by contacting email@example.com, +1 646 201-4152.
Douglas B Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 646 201-4152
About Burton-Taylor International Consulting
Burton-Taylor International Consulting, part of TP ICAP group, is a recognized leader in information industry market research, strategy and business consulting. Burton-Taylor Exchange, Credit, Risk, Compliance, Media Intelligence, PR and Market Data share figures are regarded as industry standard globally. Burton-Taylor clients command an estimated 80% share of global revenue in the Market Data space and include the world’s largest information companies and exchange groups, key government organizations and regulatory bodies on multiple continents, the largest advisory firms serving the industry and more than 30 of the most active private equity and investment companies around the world.
About TP ICAP
TP ICAP brings together buyers and sellers in global financial, energy and commodities markets. It is the world’s largest wholesale market intermediary, with a portfolio of businesses that provide broking services, data & analytics and market intelligence, trusted by clients around the world. We operate from offices in 31 countries, supporting award-winning brokers with market-leading technology. For further information see www.tpicap.com.