19 Dec 2018 New Forecasts Indicate Global Spend on Financial Market Data & News Will Top $30 Billion for the First Time – Burton-Taylor Reports
- Series of seven company growth forecasts project Moody’s Analytics 2018 year-over-year growth will lead the industry
Driven by strong demand for information and tools from key industry players, spending on financial market data/analysis and news is forecast to set new highs in 2018, according to seven new reports recently published by Burton-Taylor International Consulting (part of TP ICAP’s Data & Analytics division).
Other key findings include:
- Burton-Taylor projects Moody’s Analytics will produce the highest year-over-year revenue growth (33.5%) and five-year CAGR (15.9% including acquisitions/divestitures) in 2018 driven by Research, Data & Analytics organic growth in ratings research and datafeed products and by acquisitive revenue from Bureau van Dijk.
- Burton-Taylor estimates strong revenue growth rates in 2018 for Morningstar and S&P Global Market Intelligence at 10.6% and 9.9%, respectively.
- Burton-Taylor projects that growth in Bloomberg’s non-terminal product revenue (5.6%) will continue to outpace growth in terminal product revenue (4.2%), resulting in a revenue mix with greater diversity.
Burton-Taylor is pleased to announce the publication of seven important new company forecast reports:
- Companies to Watch – Bloomberg
- Companies to Watch – FactSet
- Companies to Watch – ICE (Pricing, Analytics & Desktop)
- Companies to Watch – IHS Markit
- Companies to Watch – Moody’s Analytics
- Companies to Watch – Morningstar
- Companies to Watch – S&P Global Market Intelligence
“Demand in the financial market data/analysis is poised to finish 2018 with the highest industry growth since 2011,” says Douglas B. Taylor, Managing Director at Burton-Taylor. “Our new series of ‘Companies to Watch’ reports target seven of the most important players and forecasts the size and source of their revenue for the year.”
Douglas B Taylor, email@example.com, +1 646 201-4152
About Burton-Taylor International Consulting
Burton-Taylor International Consulting, part of TP ICAP group, is a recognized leader in information industry market research, strategy and business consulting. Burton-Taylor Exchange, Credit, Risk, Compliance, Media Intelligence, PR and Market Data share figures are regarded as industry standard globally. Burton-Taylor clients command an estimated 80% share of global revenue in the Market Data space and include the world’s largest information companies and exchange groups, key government organizations and regulatory bodies on multiple continents, the largest advisory firms serving the industry and more than 30 of the most active private equity and investment companies around the world.
About TP ICAP
TP ICAP brings together buyers and sellers in global financial, energy and commodities markets. It is the world’s largest wholesale market intermediary, with a portfolio of businesses that provide broking services, data & analytics and market intelligence, trusted by clients around the world. We operate from offices in 31 countries, supporting award-winning brokers with market-leading technology. For further information see www.tpicap.com.